- Hong Kong
- About Us
Guangzhou – Guiyang – Anshun – Kunming – Lijiang – Dali
China is made up of 56 ethnic groups. The Han people make up 91.02 percent of the total population, and the other 55 national minorities 8.98 percent. Most of the minority live in the backward west part, where they have kept their unique cultures and customs for several thousand years, and they celebrate their own festivals which are really colorful and fascinating. Our minority tours will bring you into a colorful ethnic folklore world where you may be intoxicated with exquisite ethnic handcrafts, colorful costumes, elegant buildings, numerous loving legends and delicious cuisines.
Guizhou is a multi-ethnic province. Apart frome the Han, there are 16 minority ethnic groups, including the Miao, Buyi, Dong, Yi, Shui, Hui, Gelao, Zhuang, Yao, Manchu, Bai, Mongolian, Qiang and Tujia. The 1990 census shows the province’s total population was 32.391 million, of which 11.236 million, or 34.7 percent are ethnic minorities. The most populous minority ethnic group was the Miao, totaling 3.6869 million. It is followed by the Buyi (2.4781 million), the Dong (1.4 003 million), and the Tujia (1.0282 million). Moreover, the Buyis, Shuis and Glaos in Guizhou accounted for over 95 percent of their population in the country.
Yunnan has 25 minorities out of a total of 56 nationalities in all of China. Visiting there is very much like visiting 26 different nations. So far as we know, no other place on earth has as much diversity in such a small area. You will always have a brand new experience “just down the road”. The 25 ethnic groups give a rich patina of diversity and color to the Yunnan scene, contributing with their colorful ethnic costumes, their traditional songs and dances, to the attractive life of the old towns, the villages, the fairs and the festivals. The Water Splashing Festival of the Dai people, the March Fair of the Bai people, the Torch Festival of the Yi people, the unique life style of the Moso people, and the ancient music of the Naxi people, etc. will leave you with a happy memory that last a lifetime.